Bachelors Degree in Mass Media

Can you explain me about B.M.M.(Bachelors Degree in Mass Media) . I am a science student , can I do this course

Hello Raj,

B.M.M.(Bachelors Degree in Mass Media) is course comes under umbrella of Mass Communication. This course gives theoretical as well practical knowledge.

Sr. No. Course Bachelor’s Degree in Mass Media (BMM)
1 Duration 3 years undergraduate degree
2 Eligibility Criteria 10+2 with minimum 50-70% with Any stream Art/ Commerce/ Science
3 Admission Process 1.Some colleges take admission on the basis of 10+2 marks. 2. Some colleges take admission on the basis of Entrance test. Some of the Entrance tests are: 1. St. Xavier BMM Entrance Examination 2. Exam SET of Symbiosis International University
4 Syllabus Divided into 6 semesters and some subjects are Fundamentals of Mass Communication, Print Production and Photography, Effective Communication Skills, Marketing, etc.
5 Job Sectors Entertainment industry, marketing and advertising consultancy, media houses, Film Industry
6 Career options News Analyst, Editor, News Reporter, Anchor, Video Journalist, Proofreader
7 Famous Colleges for BMM Course Kishinchand Chellaram College - [KC College], Mumbai, Loreto college, Kolkata, St. Xavier’s College, Mumbai, Vivekananda Institute of Professional Studies - [VIPS], New Delhi, Fairfield Institute of Management and Technology - [FIMT], New Delhi, MIT World Peace University - [MITWPU], Pune
8 Internship Yes, In the final year.
9 Average Course Fees INR 10,000-INR 125,000 per annum
1 Like

thank you very much mam

1 Like

mam, i also want to know about Food stylist career option , what they do? this is something i heard first time in my schoo ltoday

Hello Raj,

Hope you are doing well.

Food Stylist is the person who is responsible for the look of food. Their main job is that food should be in the presentable way, they don’t work with the taste of food. They work in the food industry and work with photographers. They make the look of food very much presentable so that more and more people get attracted to it. Sometimes they add even non edible items in the food, just to look it presentable.

You can get this job/ role after doing any of the course in Hotel Management and culinary arts.

If you have any other questions related to it , please feel free to post here.

Thanks