hello, I have just passed 10+2 commerce. i think i like accounting. someone mentioned me that bachelor degree in Accounting and Finance may be suitable for me. i want to understand what is covered in this course…
It is an undergraduate full time 3 years (6 semesters) degree which aims to provide the student with specialized skill sets in different fields like accounts, taxation, management, Law, Computers and Environment.
The course also covers accounting, taxation, auditing, risk management, financial accounting, taxation, managerial economics, business law, and business communications.
- Accounting and Finance involves the concepts of money, business and management, with an emphasis on professional careers in these areas.
- Accounting related to information analysis for different aspects of a business, while finance surely concerns a business monetary fund.
- Accounting and Finance degrees provide you with knowledge of accountancy practices, commerce, industry and finance.
- This course will help you to develop a range of subject specific and technical skills, you also gain more general skills like numerical and quantitative skills, oral and written communication skills, entrepreneurship, ability to argue your case and negotiate and so on.
thank you for detailed ans. cud u advise on career prospect?
bachelor in Accounting and Finance Degree has good career prospects. it’s usually best to do master degree (Masters in Accounting and Finance, MBA Finance etc.) or specialization courses (CFA, ICMA, CPA, CA etc.).
based on the degree (bachelor or masters) and specialization, there are multiple career options available such as :
- Financial Consultant
- Accounting Analyst
- Finance Analyst
- Money Manager,
- Risk Analyst,
- Market Analyst,
- Financial Analyst,
- Investment Banker,
and these are key sectors for the jobs:
- Public sector banks,
- corporate banks,
- the insurance sector,
- loan and finance-based companies,
- stock market etc.
- foreign trade centres
- Investment firms
- policy planning bodies
- educational institutes
- self-employment and entrepreneurship